What are PACS Alums doing now?
What are our wonderful PACS alums doing now?
For DePauw promotional materials, we have gotten permission from two students to use their names and information and they edited the material below:
Sandy Tran 2014
Sandy Tran, after doing nonviolent organizing here at DePauw, lives in Chicago where she is a senior grant writer for Nobel Network of Charter Schools. She started a nonprofit with her partner, Alliance 98 and their program, ‘Suited for a Cause’. The program helps young people get resources, develop resume, interview and communication skills, develop a project that is meaningful to them working with mentors from their community, and graduate with a tailored
suit and skills to get the jobs they want.
Clark Edwards 2014
Clark was a Teach for America corps member teaching high school math where she also co-authored a new social justice curriculum and worked to institute restorative justice practices. She has since gone on to get her masters degree at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy, and is now a Federal consultant at Deloitte in the Washington D.C. Metro Area.
As of 2020 some of our PACS graduates are:
- An assistant in the music division at United Talent Agency
- Getting a Masters of Public Affairs with a Concentration in Urban and Regional Governance
- An assistant to a rock star
- A consultant at Deloitte
- A Community Outreach Coordinator at a criminal justice ministry program
- A grant writer
- Running their own non-profit
- A lieutenant in the U.S. Army
- Director of Human Resources
- Intelligence Analyst level II
- Publicist at a major publisher
- Director of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity and Engagement Associate at a university
- Manager for a division of UNICEF