Counseling Services Revised Service Delivery
Counseling Services is currently operating under an Emergency Management and Support model, until further notice. We will remain accessible for questions, support, consultation requests, referral assistance, and emergency/crisis response via our main phone number (765-658-4268) during regular business hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Email contact (email@example.com) may also be utilized and will receive same-day response during these times.
1) Please note that our after-hours and weekend crisis services through ProtoCall Services, Inc. will continue to operate as normal. They are accessible by calling our main number (765-658-4268). Please be assured that our staff will provide follow-up contact with all calls that are received by ProtoCall.
2) For clients in need of continued psychiatric services/medication management, please contact our office for assistance with referrals and connecting to local providers near your home community.
3) Please note that we will not be able to establish new, in-person client relationships during this time. Students with immediate needs are welcome to contact our office regarding any consultation requests, referral assistance, immediate support or other questions.
4) For current, active clients assigned to one of our individual counselors, and who will be either off-campus attending to academics remotely or remaining on campus, we will offer telephone check-in support, consultation, and referral assistance with individual counselors as needed/requested.
5) Please note that Counseling Services will begin offering ongoing online support for all students throughout the spring semester in the form of website content, social media posts, videos, staff webinars and workshops, and other programming. Additionally, our online self-help resource, WellTrack, remains available for your use as you attend to your studies remotely. Visit https://depauw.welltrack.com/ to sign-up/log-in or download the app.
6) Please refer to this website for all up-to-date information and announcements. Counseling Services website will serve as our primary source of communication for the remainder of the semester.
7) Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns, to learn more about our revised Service Delivery Plan, and to connect with a staff member regarding interest in continuing care needs.
Thank you and wishing you all well,
DePauw Counseling Services Team
Counseling Services supports the academic success of students by enhancing their overall health and wellness through the use of comprehensive and holistic mental health, substance abuse, and sexual assault/relationship violence-related services. Operating from a social justice lens and a multicultural framework, Counseling Services strives to assist students by advocating and providing support as needed during times of crisis, facilitating problem-solving, enhancing coping strategies, facilitating campus wide outreach, training and prevention to raise mental health awareness, promoting personal development and growth, and supporting academic success through the use of short-term, culturally, and developmentally appropriate services.
Hours of Operation
Academic Year hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Counseling Services operates in the summer with limited clinical service. Please note that all of our office operations are closed in the month of July.
Accessibility & Amenities
One handicap accessible entrance with motorized door
2 unisex single user restroom available
Counseling Services is housed in Hogate Hall, Suite 100. Parking Lot 11 and 19 on this map are the closest lots to our center. You may also park along South Locust Street outside of Hogate Hall if you have an Upperclass Permit.
Learn more about Counseling Services by clicking the links below and exploring the buttons on the navigation bar to the left: