IT Resources for Remote Learning, Teaching and Working
Help for Students
Help For Faculty and Instructors
- The FITS site on Remote and Mixed Instruction provides several recommendations and resources for teaching online:
- Teaching Strategies and Technologies - Ideas for teaching strategies and technologies useful in an online learning environment
- Considerations when Working with Remote International Students
- Video Archives from previous FITS and Faculty Development workshops and presentations
- Questions about Remote/Mixed Instruction - Where to Start - A list of of starting points for faculty and students who have questions about remote/mixed instruction.
- Personal technologies useful for Remote Teaching and Working - A curated list of affordable webcams, headsets, external displays, home printers/scanners, etc., those who wish to purchase equipment on their own.
- Teaching Focused COVID-19 FAQ (login required) - A dynamic collection of information for DePauw faculty and staff that focuses particularly on teaching at DePauw during fall 2020. Topics include:
COVID-19 practices and policies
Questions related to suggested class policies and syllabus language
The first day of class
Questions about student status
Questions about technology and access to resources
Help for Staff
- IT HelpDesk - Contact us at HelpDesk@depauw.edu or (765) 658-4294.
- Personal technologies useful for Remote Teaching and Working - A curated list of affordable webcams, headsets, external displays, home printers/scanners, etc., for those who wish to purchase equipment on their own.
Cloud-Hosted Tools and Applications
When possible, work through cloud-hosted solutions that enable you to access your files and information from anywhere.
- Google is a suite of communication and collaboration applications available at DePauw. The DePauw Google Account site provides information and resources including:
- Gmail: Go to mail.depauw.edu to log into your email.
- Drive: Provides several integrated collaboration tools (e.g., Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Shared Drives) for collaborative document editing and a robust search feature. Learn about Strategies and suggestions for file management.
- Chat: Enables you to ask quick questions and collaborate in group chats.
- Box: DePauw's default storage for work files provides secure access, management, and sharing of content from anywhere for students, staff, and faculty. Learn about Strategies and suggestions for file management.
- Microsoft Office 365 Online: Provides you with Microsoft Office tools (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) for creating and editing files when you don't have access to a computer with Office installed.
- e-Services: DePauw's administrative system.
VIDEO CONFERENCING AND CONFERENCE CALLS
DePauw provides two options. Each enables you to hold online meetings, telephone conference calls, virtual face-to-face discussions, and small group work.
For an overview of the comparison between Google Meet and Zoom, see Videoconferencing Tool Comparison.
- Google Meet is available to all faculty, staff, and students through their DePauw Google account. Download the Google Meet Quick Start guide.
- Zoom Pro - DePauw Host License is available for faculty and staff members who may need features unique to Zoom, such as breakout-rooms, remote control, etc. Zoom hosts its own Live Training Webinars as well as a comprehensive online Getting Started center.
Faculty and staff can click here to request a DePauw Zoom Pro Host License.
Find instructions for setting up your DePauw Zoom Pro Host License here.
- Zoom Basic - Is available for any student, faculty or staff member at no charge. Register for your own personal account at Zoom.com.
DEPAUW PHONE AND VOICEMAIL
You can remotely manage your DePauw office phone settings and voicemail using MetroNet's online CommPortal. It enables you to listen to phone messages, set up call forwarding, update your voicemail greeting, change your password and PIN, update your contact list, forward phone messages to your email, and more.
Log in to the CommPortal at voice.depauw.edu using your 10-digit telephone number and 8-character password.
Learn how to log in and find a quick overview of what you can do at Phones: CommPortal.
Accessing applications that require you to be on campus
If you use applications that require you to be on campus or directly connected to the DePauw campus network to access them, such as DePauw network drives (e.g., I: drive) or other on-campus computing resources, a Virtual Desktop is available at desktops.depauw.edu.
VMware Horizon HTML Access - Using a web browser
Generally works well for most sessions. Session length is restricted to two hours. For security reasons, we recommend that you stay logged in only as long as necessary to complete the tasks.
VMware Horizon Local Desktop Client - Using a downloadable local client
May be used for cases when very long sessions are needed (more than two hours). You may want to consider downloading and installing the desktop client to ensure optimal performance.
International Student Access to DePauw Google, e-Services, etc.
When having issues connecting to Google or other DePauw online resources for their courses, international students (including those living in China) can use DePauw’s Virtual Desktop or DePauw’s VPN.
Many of DePauw's library resources are available online. Information for connecting to resources from off campus is available at Accessing Library Resources Remotely.
Tips for Remote Working
- What it Takes to Run a Great Virtual Meeting
- LinkedIn Learning Course: Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success
Learn more about DePauw's subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
- Security Tips for Remote Workers
- COVID-19 Security Resource Library provides relevant and helpful information to address security and privacy concerns surrounding the global COVID-19 outbreak.
AT&T Discount for DePauw students and employees
All DePauw students and employees are eligible for an AT&T wireless discount. Learn more at The DePauw AT&T Discount.
Last updated: 12-Aug-2022