Get INVOLVED WITH THE MCDERMOND CENTER FOR MANAGEMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Office of Alumni Engagement is proud to partner with the McDermond Center for Management and Entrepreneurship in helping students and alumni develop meaningful connections and networks, anchored in their DePauw experience.
Our alumni provide a variety of opportunities for students to gain experiences and insights outside of the classroom, helping them incorporate their education and skills into real-world experience.
You play a key role in the education of DePauw students and their transition to life as alumni.
INSPIRE AND CHALLENGE STUDENTS
- Provide industry expertise by participating in a McDermond Center Industry Insight Series as a panelist. Afterward, answer specific career questions from students in virtual or in-person one-on-one student conversations.
- Share your professional journey and advice you feel today's students should know by speaking for the McDermond Speaker Series. Afterward, answer specific career questions from students in virtual or in-person one-on-one student conversations.
- Help students prepare for the transition from college to career by being the subject of a Young Alumni Discussion.
- Facilitate a business-readiness workshop in your specialty area for one of our McDermond-sponsored, student-run groups.
- Offer to be an advisor or facilitator with one of the McDermond-sponsored, student-run groups (Investment, Consulting, Marketing, Women in Economics and Business, Entrepreneurship, Innovations, and Investment Banking Workshop).
- Become a mentor for a student or alumni startup that is part of DePauw Innovations' Portfolio Companies.
- Invest in a DePauw ecosystem new venture via the DePauw Gold Within Angel Network.
Network with students
- Host a student group at your corporate office as part of the Darnall Industry Tours.
- Attend one of our student/alumni mixers at the McDermond/Tenzer Networking Space in downtown Indy at Union 525.
- Follow the McDermond Center on social media (links at the left).
- Volunteer your time and talents to directly support students interested in business insights and experiences (link below).