Holidays and Summer Hours
As defined in the Employee Handbook, the University observes the following dates as closed. Employees in a full-time, benefit status position and on the regular payroll are eligible for the paid holidays that occur during their normal work schedule.
Exception: All personnel whose positions are budgeted for 1535 or 1605 hours will observe the Memorial Day holiday on Friday, May 25, 2018, which is also their last normal scheduled day of work for 2017-18.
Summer Office Hours
As defined in the Employee Handbook, summer hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. will begin on Sunday, May 20, 2018. Summer hours apply only to hourly employees who work less than 2080 annual hours and who work less than 8 hours per day. In some instances offices may need to be open during the above periods and supervisors should schedule personnel to accommodate those instances.
The summer hours schedule does not apply to employees whose positions are classified as one of the following:
- 9 ½ month position budgeted for 1640 annual hours
- 10 month position budgeted for 1720 annual hours
- 10 ½ month position budgeted for 1840 annual hours
- 11 month position budgeted for 1920 annual hours
- 12 month position budgeted for 2080 annual hours
- Exempt position (Administrative/Salaried positions)