Payroll, within the Office of Human Resources, is responsible for the preparation, processing, and distribution of all University payrolls for faculty, staff and students.
Essential functions include withholding and depositing proper taxes, reporting of federal and state payroll information, issuing earning statements, collecting and disbursing garnishments, tax liens and child support, among other duties.
Pay will be distributed by Direct Deposit according to the following schedule:
Semi-Monthly - Exempt (salary) employees are paid on the 15th and the last business day of the month.
Staff & Student – Non-exempt (hourly) employees are paid on a biweekly basis. Students not on direct deposit will receive a check in their UB Box.
The ADP Self Service Portal is where you access your pay statements, change direct deposit information, access your W-2, update your address, access timecards for hourly employees, and register for benefits. To access the ADP Portal you must first register. Click here for instructions.
- Passcode for registration: mydepauw-ipay
- ADP works best in Chrome or Firefox (Mac users may find Safari to be a better option).
- ADP allows 3 login attempts. You can reset your password by going to the Forgot your Password link at the bottom of the ADP login page. If you are unsuccessful, please contact HR at x4181 for assistance.
- If you have already registered for ADP, but don't access regularly, a password reset will be required.
- Check out the ADP Mobile App!
Payroll Tax Withholding
Federal, state and local income tax withholdings are calculated based upon the number of exemptions indicated on the Federal W-4 Form and the State WH-4 Form.
Employees can change their FEDERAL withholding in the ADP Portal. After logging into ADP go to the Pay and Taxes tab, select Tax Withholding, click on the Federal link and make changes.
- Payroll Deduction Form This form is typically used to stop/start rent deductions.
Employees can change direct deposit information either through the ADP Portal or by completing the Direct Deposit form below, along with a voided check and submitting to HR.
Keep in mind that if you make the change through the ADP Portal, the Business Office will not have access to the updated account information, therefore you will need to complete the ACH for Personal Expense Reimbursement Form and submit to the Business Office directly for future reimbursements not included in payroll.
To change your direct deposit through the ADP Portal, log into ADP, go to the Pay and Taxes tab, select Direct Deposit and follow the instructions provided.
- Direct Deposit Faculty/Staff Form
- ACH for Personal Expense Reimbursement Form - Payroll does not process expense reimbursements; please contact the Business Office at x4121.
Students have the option of their pay direct deposited to a checking/savings account or deposited to their tuition account.
To cancel one of these options, please fill out the necessary form and check the “cancel” box.
If you change your primary account direct deposit, typically you will be issued a live check for the next payroll period while your account information is being verified. Payroll will notify you that you have a check to pick up in the Office of Human Resources and when it is available for pick up. If you change a secondary account, typically the entire deposit will go into the primary account for the next payroll period while the account information is being verified.
Employees and students can access their pay statements by logging into the ADP Portal, go to the Pay and Taxes tab, select Pay Statements, click on the pay date link and view/print your pay statement. If the page does not load, please log out of ADP and try another browser.
Employees and students can access their W-2’s by logging into the ADP Portal, go to the Pay and Taxes tab, select Annual Statements, click on the year needed. If the page does not load, please log out of ADP and try another browser.
Need an employment or income verification?
- Contact The Work Number. The employment or income information can be accessed at www.theworknumber.com or 1.800.367.5690.
- DePauw Employer Code: 25562
Supervisors of Hourly Employees
As a supervisor of an hourly employee you will need access to the ADP Portal to approve timecards. Employee timecards are due to supervisors by 10:00 A.M. on Monday (the week of payroll processing, see schedule below). Supervisors are to have timecards approved by 12:00 P.M. These deadlines are critical for the timely processing of the hourly payroll. The following are instructions for supervisors approving timecards:
Handbook Policies Related to Timecards & Payroll:
- Annual Hours
- Working Hours
- Shift Differential
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Break Periods
- Inclement Weather
- Employment Outside of Regular Position
- Personal Day
- Sick Time
- Vacation Time
- Definitions and Explanation of Terms Used in Vacation & Sick Time Schedules
- Summer Hours